- This event has passed.
Join us to learn more about important milestones before and during the 2020 Census, and ways your foundation can support “Get Out the Count” activities, including participation in state and local Complete Count Committees.
Funders will learn about:
- Important decision-making points as the Census Bureau finalizes the 2020 census operational plan.
- Key milestones in census preparations and implementation, including when the standards of collection of race and ethnicity data will be released, when local offices will open, and when address canvassing will begin.
- What is already happening on the ground to ensure a fair and accurate census and how that informs your grantmaking timeline
- How philanthropy can play a key role as a census partner and catalyst of statewide get-out-the-count activities
- Effective ways philanthropy can influence the formation of effective and representative complete count committees at the state and local levels
Cosponsors: Environmental Grantmakers Association, Funders Concerned About AIDS, Funders for LGBTQ Issues, Funders for Reproductive Equity, Funders Together to End Homelessness, Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees, Grantmaker Income Security Taskforce, Grantmakers in Health, PEAK Grantmaking, Philanthropy California, Philanthropy Northwest, United Philanthropy Forum
Moderated by Xiomara Corpeño, Groundswell Fund [bio]
Steven Choi, New York Immigrant Coalition [bio]
Terri Ann Lowenthal, Consultant to FCCP Funders Census Initiative [bio]
Bob Tracy, Minnesota Council of Foundation [bio]
As with all FCCP events, the subject matter is strictly limited to non-partisan discussion as outlined in the agenda.