Thank You for Everything!
Thank you so much for joining us in Denver for our most well attended annual convening to date! This would not have been as successful without all the time each of you put into preparing for this, asking questions, or actively participating.
The 2018 FCCP Convening took place during a time of important opportunities and unprecedented threats. In a “More War Room, Less Trade Show” setting, the FCCP community convened to be strategic about the critical questions facing our sector, re-energize ourselves, be open and honest about our own shortcomings and failings, embrace collaboration, and collectively build what the field needs right now.
Below you can find a recap of our time together, additional resources from our presenters, photos from our three days in Denver, and more information on our 2019 Convening!
Speaker slides, additional resources, and more can still be accessed on our Sli.do resource page, similar to how you accessed Sli.do during our convening (using our hashtag #RiseTogetherFCCP as the event code and clicking on “Resources” in the left menu). If you have any questions on Sli.do, cannot access Sli.do, or see something missing, please email Eduardo Zerbe. You can find descriptions of each session and links to the bios of all our speakers and facilitators in the full agenda below.
You can also find additional resources related to our Power Impact Team, including our list of 10 Recommendations for Funders to build power, here.
If you are an FCCP member, you can also access the audio recordings of our plenary sessions here.
2019 Convening - Detroit, MI
We are excited to announce that our 2019 Convening will be held in Detroit, MI, at the Westin Book Cadillac from November 19-21.
Please save the date. It’s an event you won’t want to miss. We will have more information for you over the following months.
Photos of our Time Together
Agenda Print Version
Goals for our Convening
Based off feedback from last year’s convening and our Call for Ideas process, we are building our agenda around five main goals. We hope all attendees will walk away from our convening having accomplished the following:
- More War Room, Less Trade Show. Have the generative discussions necessary to create a healthy civil society, built on the values of equity and justice. Be strategic about the critical questions facing our sector, re-energize ourselves, roll up our sleeves, be willing to be open and honest about our own shortcomings and failings, embrace collaboration, and collectively build what the field needs right now.
- Build Local Power. Explore more deeply what is power, who are we building it for, and to what end. Serve as an engine to spark greater understanding of the dynamics in Denver and the Southwest, to both highlight successes and challenges in the region, but also tell a story that is applicable in other states and nationally.
- Seize the Moment & Be Forward Thinking. Balance short-term wins with aspirational victories. Ensure funders are prepared for the 2018 election, and create a forum to discuss and learn about building long-term change to achieve an effective, inclusive and accountable democracy. We will create a space for deep thinking, planning, and collaboration for funders to develop aligned strategies to adjust to new realities, opportunities, and challenges, and lean into points of tension, not shy away.
- Center Intersectionality. Create space and understanding around how the theory of intersectionality, the systems of domination and oppression, surface in our work and impact grantmaking. The convening will lift up the intersections of social justice issues and democracy, identity and politics, and movements and civic engagement, to learn and continue to develop promising practices to implement more integrated funding strategies, informed by the field, centered in building power for communities, and putting equity into action.
- Build Community. Be an engaging, fun and inviting space for new and long standing members alike to come together in community, and build deeper relationships.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Denver Center for the Performing Arts Dinner Sponsor
Platinum Level Sponsors
Gold Level Sponsors
Silver Level Sponsors
Bronze Level Sponsors
Thank you to our Planning Committee!
Thank you to our Local Host Committee!
As with all FCCP events, the subject matter is strictly limited to non-partisan discussion as outlined in the agenda.