Check out our Agenda at a Glance below!
The 2018 FCCP Convening takes place during a time of important opportunities and unprecedented threats. There is a hunger, and an opportunity, to challenge those who traditionally hold power, and change the story of who and what is at the center of our politics and our economy. At the same time, low levels of civic participation, the steady erosion of our democratic systems, rising authoritarianism, uneven rule of law, and the loosening of protections for civil and human rights signal that we are failing to uphold many of the essential aspects of a democracy.
Against this backdrop, the FCCP community will convene in Denver, Colorado to be strategic about the critical questions facing our sector, re-energize ourselves, be open and honest about our own shortcomings and failings, embrace collaboration, and collectively build what the field needs right now. In short, let’s come to Denver ready to rise together to strengthen our democracy.
Please note that our convening is only open to all funders (FCCP members or not) and invited speakers.
You can show your support for the work of our network, and for our democracy, by becoming a sponsor. Complimentary registrations are included at certain sponsorship levels. Check out our sponsorship info sheet for more information, and contact Brigid Hall if you’d like to sponsor.
Also, FCCP’s fees are lower than the real cost of the convening in order to make the event accessible to a diverse group of institutions. Selecting the “Real Cost” add on to your registration helps boost resources available for all the other programming that FCCP offers at no charge.
|Friday May 4||Registration Ends|
Goals for our Convening
Based off feedback from last year’s convening and our Call for Ideas process, we are building our agenda around five main goals. We hope all attendees will walk away from our convening having accomplished the following:
- More War Room, Less Trade Show. Have the generative discussions necessary to create a healthy civil society, built on the values of equity and justice. Be strategic about the critical questions facing our sector, re-energize ourselves, roll up our sleeves, be willing to be open and honest about our own shortcomings and failings, embrace collaboration, and collectively build what the field needs right now.
- Build Local Power. Explore more deeply what is power, who are we building it for, and to what end. Serve as an engine to spark greater understanding of the dynamics in Denver and the Southwest, to both highlight successes and challenges in the region, but also tell a story that is applicable in other states and nationally.
- Seize the Moment & Be Forward Thinking. Balance short-term wins with aspirational victories. Ensure funders are prepared for the 2018 election, and create a forum to discuss and learn about building long-term change to achieve an effective, inclusive and accountable democracy. We will create a space for deep thinking, planning, and collaboration for funders to develop aligned strategies to adjust to new realities, opportunities, and challenges, and lean into points of tension, not shy away.
- Center Intersectionality. Create space and understanding around how the theory of intersectionality, the systems of domination and oppression, surface in our work and impact grantmaking. The convening will lift up the intersections of social justice issues and democracy, identity and politics, and movements and civic engagement, to learn and continue to develop promising practices to implement more integrated funding strategies, informed by the field, centered in building power for communities, and putting equity into action.
- Build Community. Be an engaging, fun and inviting space for new and long standing members alike to come together in community, and build deeper relationships.
Agenda Print Version
FCCP recommends that you book your stay at the Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown. You can book your room by calling the hotel directly or online using the link below.
Network, Dine + Explore at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts
Interested in Sponsorship Opportunities?
Show your support for the convening by becoming a sponsor! There’s a level for every budget and each comes with a set of benefits, including recognition at the event and complimentary registrations to attend.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Denver Center for the Performing Arts Dinner Sponsor
Platinum Level Sponsors
Gold Level Sponsors
Silver Level Sponsors
Thank you to our Planning Committee!
Thank you to our Local Host Committee!
As with all FCCP events, the subject matter is strictly limited to non-partisan discussion as outlined in the agenda.