- This event has passed.
This webinar is open to FCCP members, other grantmaking institutions, philanthropic advisors, and members and staff of funder affinity groups and regional associations of grantmakers.
A rapid-response webinar sponsored by Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees.
Co-sponsored by Forefront, Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers, Funders’ Committee for Civic Participation, Funders for LGBTQ Issues, Grantmakers Income Security Taskforce, Grantmakers of Oregon and Southwest Washington, Hispanics in Philanthropy, Human Rights Funders Network, National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy, Neighborhood Funders Group, Northern California Grantmakers, Peace and Security Funders Group, Philanthropy New York, San Diego Grantmakers, Southern California Grantmakers
Since 2012, nearly 800,000 immigrants have successfully applied for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program—catapulting many recipients into better-paying jobs, access to car and home ownership, and lives free of the threat of deportation. Society has reaped the benefits in increased tax revenue, consumer spending, and stable communities. Yet during the presidential campaign, then-candidate Trump declared he would end DACA. Since his election, Trump has released several executive orders on immigration, but has not acted on DACA. Now, with a 10-state coalition threatening legal action if the president does not rescind DACA by September 5, advocates and DACA recipients are concerned the administration will end the program. Join this call to learn more about the state of play on DACA, how young immigrants are responding, the legal and mental health impact of changes to DACA, and funder response strategies.
- What Do I Need to Know if the DACA Program Ends?, Immigrant Legal Resource Center, August 28, 2017.
- DACA Recipients’ Economic and Educational Gains Continue to Grow, Center for American Progress, August 28, 2017.
- DACA Update: Five Things You Should Know, National Immigration Law Center, August 25, 2017.
- Potential Scenarios: Legal Threats to DACA, National Immigration Law Center, July 31, 2017.
- Beyond Deferred Action: Long-Term Immigration Remedies Every Undocumented Young Person Should Know About, Educators for Fair Consideration, November 2016.
Portals & Tools
- Dreamer Intake Service, Educators for Fair Consideration
- Stories in Defense of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, National Immigration Law Center.
- Resources (economic), Immigrants Rising
- Elevating the Soul: Guidelines for Regeneration During Impact Moments, UndocuHealing Project
- #UndocuJoy, Define American
As with all FCCP events, the subject matter is strictly limited to non-partisan discussion as outlined in the agenda.