- This event has passed.
In February 2021, Fair Representation in Redistricting, a funder initiative that builds on the census collaborative, virtually convened funders and stakeholders to learn and plan around how to achieve fair representation through the 2021-2022 redistricting cycle. The stakes for this work — for racial justice, state and local policy reform, community funding, and our democracy–could not be higher. The four-day convening included a mix of plenaries and small group discussions to foster learning and strengthen relationships.
Co-Hosts: Funders’ Committee for Civic Participation, State Infrastructure Fund, United Philanthropy Forum
Below are session recordings and slides for which the organizers received permission to distribute.
- Opening Plenary: Welcome & Conference Overview; Census & Redistricting Updates (recording & slides)
- Opening Keynote: Redistricting with an Equity Lens (recording)
- A Dynamic Landscape for Redistricting (recording)
- Using Redistricting Data & Other Resources for Equitable Maps (recording & slides, slides)
- National & State Organizing Efforts for Fair Redistricting (recording & slides)
As with all FCCP events, the subject matter is strictly limited to non-partisan discussion as outlined in the agenda.