- This event has passed.
Presented by Census Counts Campaign’s States Count Action Network, State Voices, Leadership Conference Education Fund, Democracy Funders Collaborative Census Subgroup, Funders’ Committee for Civic Participation’s (FCCP) Funders Census Initiative
Friday, May 15 | 1 PM-2:30 PM ET | 12 PM-1:30 PM CT | 11 AM-12:30 PM MT | 10 AM-11:30 AM PT
This webinar will feature state practitioners who will share how COVID-19 and the Census Bureau’s adjusted operational timeline are impacting 2020 Census outreach. Learn what these shifts mean in terms of immediate needs for census organizations’ programs, operations, and staff. Understand creative approaches to reach historically undercounted communities and how census engagement can support long-term capacity building.
- Meeta Anand, Census 2020 Senior Fellow, New York Immigration Coalition
- Diali Avila, Senior Field Manager, Leadership Conference Education Fund
- Amanda Frickle, Executive Director, Montana Voices
- Florencia Gutierrez, Senior Research Associate, Policy Reform and Advocacy, Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Elena Langworthy, Senior Manager of Policy, State Voices
- Rachel Mayes, Executive Director, Southern Echo
- Jennifer Wells, Executive Director, Our Future West Virginia
- Ahtza Dawn Chavez, NAVA Education Project with the NM Native Census Coalition
Moderator: Jocelyn Bissonnette, Director of the Funders Census Initiative, Funders’ Committee for Civic Participation (FCCP)
Cosponsors: ABFE, Chesapeake Bay Funders Network, Connecticut Council for Philanthropy, Climate and Energy Funders Group/BFG, Council on Foundations, Economic Opportunity Funders, Florida Philanthropic Network, Forefront, Funders for LGBTQ Issues, Funders Together to End Homelessness, Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees, Grantmakers Council of Rhode Island, Grantmakers In Health, Health and Environmental Funders Network, Hispanics in Philanthropy, Maryland Philanthropy Network, Minnesota Council of Foundations, National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy, Neighborhood Funders Group, NY Funder Alliance, Philanthropy California, Philanthropy Colorado, Philanthropy Massachusetts, Philanthropy Network Greater Philadelphia, Philanthropy New York, Philanthropy Northwest, Sustainable Agriculture & Food Systems Funders, United Philanthropy Forum
* Please note that this webinar is open to philanthropic institutions only (foundations, philanthropy serving organization, donor advisors, etc).
As with all FCCP events, the subject matter is strictly limited to non-partisan discussion as outlined in the agenda.