Thank you for joining us for the 2018 Election Series
Over the past year, we have come together as a Philanthropic community to discuss key issues facing the 2018 Elections together. This series provided a space for peer discussion around funding priorities, and connected grantmakers across a wide range of issue and strategic focuses. Thank you to our cosponsors and partners in helping to make this series happen!
Below, please find links to recordings to our 2018 Election Series Discussions:
- Contact Ashish Sinha (firstname.lastname@example.org) for resources on Rapid Response Needs for the 2018 Elections.
Additionally, please find links to resources provided by our Partners + Members around the Elections!
Wilburforce Foundation + Alliance for Justice
- Over the next two weeks, send a message to your grantees asking them reach out to their audiences to encourage voting. A message template (see below, drafted by Bolder Advocacy) may be helpful to you in communicating with your grantees. Also included sample tweets that participants can use on social media.
- On or just before Election Day, use your own social media channels to encourage people to get out and vote. The same sample tweets can be sent by foundations. If you decide to customize the message and need advice, the team at Bolder Advocacy ( is happy to help.
- Sample #votetuesday Tweets
- Mode of voting preference
- Tolerance for waiting in line
- Knowledge of Voter ID requirements
- Poll Worker job performance
- Measures of trust in the elections process
- How partisanship and winner’s effect affects the view of the voting process
- And much, much more…
Our Home Stretch report details the work our state tables are doing as we prepare for the 2018 midterms. Our network is working tirelessly to register every eligible voter, organize Get Out The Vote drives, call and text every constituent, and knock on every last door to make sure everyone’s voice is heard.