Over the last year, we have seen rising passion and engagement across a diversity of people, new funders in the space, and strategies that have catalyzed change throughout the nation. Yet our democracy is still facing a multitude of threats. Now is the time to seize this unique moment and continue to build power in marginalized communities, create a culture of civic participation and drive our democracy towards openness and equity.
To best meet the needs of this unique situation, FCCP has been grappling with how to become a high-impact network that makes every dollar count in a time of dire threat to our democracy. In 2017, a multi-year strategic planning process and internal growth and reorganization came together and resulted in an unprecedented period of success for the organization.
Inside our Annual Report, you can read more about our proudest accomplishments last year, including:
- Recruiting a record breaking 19 new members to our network
- Growing our leadership in the philanthropic sector to have a stronger voice in the field
- Coordinating our largest and most successful convening to date
- Strengthening of the equity, inclusion, and long-term lenses to our programming, including our diverse suite of virtual programming with increased attendance
- Further built out our Funders’ Census Initiative and Money In Politics working groups to give our members a space to strategize around these important topics
Most notably, after three years of evolving to better become what the field needs in this moment, our Advisory Board/Staff came together to make our Theory of Impact explicit and deliberate in our work. With feedback from all our members, we established a framework for how we can each build lasting power in our communities. This framework helped us launch some of our most innovative programs to date, allowing us to map out our network’s state funding and develop the State Funding Circles and Power Impact Team to provide a deeper level of programming and better help the sector further its work.
To all our partners, members, and friends, thank you for all that you do and your support! We hope you will continue building this movement with us throughout 2018.